This is your chance to boj something wonderful together out of a Box Of Junk, and be rewarded for it. How to participate:
- Get a team together, come up with a name, and announce your intent to participate by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Buy a BOJ from American Science and Surplus ($10 plus S&H).
- Get your team together when you get your box, and inventory it by pieces (i.e. 100 screws, 1/4″-20×2″; 1 coffeepot heating element; 2 plate hangers, etc.).
- Come up with a project or projects that use major parts that come from the BOJ (follow the rules below)!
- Document your project on a webpage.
- Submit your finished project(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in the online voting for best project.
- All major components must come from the BOJ.
- One BOJ per team.
- Multiple projects are allowed.
- You may use the box itself.
- Project(s) must be documented online, and this documentation submitted for consideration.
- Project(s) must account for at least 75% (by individual pieces) of the contents of the BOJ.
- Project(s) must be completed and submitted to email@example.com by 12:01a ET, August 1, 2010.
- Allowed components from outside the BOJ:
- Fasteners (nuts, bolts, screws, nails, rivets, tape, glue, yarn, string, etc.)
- Controllers (microcontrollers, radio controls, PLUs, motor drivers, relay boards, computers, etc.)
- Power Supplies (electrical: batteries, wall warts, computer PSUs, wall current plugs; mechanical: bikes, steam engines, cars, tractors, etc.)
- Custom Components (3D-printed components, custom machined components, or others that you make yourself from stock only.)
Voting will end August 7, 2010, and a prize will be sent out to the winner by August 10, 2010. Follow the trashtalk on twitter: #ithackaBOJ